Breeder of Working Line Dobermanns for Work, Sport or Active Companions
Vor Allem Dobermanns
Best Time to Reach You:
1. What is your "ideal" goal for the puppy, ie, Sch/Ring titled, CKC Ch, international competitor, family pet, therapy dog, etc?
2. What is your "realistic" goal for the puppy?
3. What sort of temperament/working drive do you feel would work with your personality, ie, hard, sharp, moderate, low, soft? Why?
4. What sort of structure (conformation) are you looking for? Why?
5. If you had to choose between 2 puppies, one with perfect conformation, but low-moderate drive, and one with so-so conformation and high drive, which one would you choose? Why?
6. Is this puppy intended for breeding? If not, do you intend to spay/neuter?
7. Are you interested in a particular sex or color, or would you base your decision on temperament/drive and conformation?
8. Are you looking for a cropped/docked, docked with natural ears or an all natural puppy?
9. Please list any prior dog training experience, titles earned, breeds owned, and what happened to them. Also list any dogs, or other pets, you currently own.
10. Do you own or rent your home?
11. If you rent, will your landlord be willing to sign a statement allowing you to keep a Dobermann in the apartment or house?
12. Do you have a fenced in yard?
13. What are your plans for exercising the puppy?
14. At what age do you plan to start obedience work?
15. Are you aware of the socialization needs of a Dobermann puppy, and do you feel you are capable of providing these needs?
16. Do you have any children? If so, what are their ages, and have they been exposed to dogs in the past?
17. Were there ever any problems with your children and dogs?
18. Are you aware of the health problems that can appear in the Dobermann today?
19. Are you willing to have your puppy health tested (hips, elbows, echo, holter, thyroid, eyes, etc) at the appropriate ages, whether or not you plan to breed?
20. Are you a member of any breed or competition clubs - regional, national, or international?
21. Have you ever crate trained a puppy?
22. What are your feelings on crate training?
23. Please provide the name, address and telephone number for 2, non-family references, as well as contact information for your veterinarian.
24. Do you work full time?
25. Are there any family members at home full time?
26. How much time do you plan to spend with the puppy?
27. Do you realize how much upkeep a Dobermann puppy can cost?
28. Why do you want a Dobermann?
29. How much experience do you have with this breed?
30. What are your impressions of Dobermanns you have met in the past?
31. How did you hear about us?
If you can think of anything, on a more personal note, that you would like to add to this, I would love to hear it. The idea behind these questions is that knowing the puppies' temperaments from the day they are born, I may see different things in them than you would, as a stranger attempting to pick one, and may be able to guide you towards a puppy which realistically suits your experience, goals and needs.