Breeder of Working Line Dobermanns for Work, Sport or Active Companions
The following is a general overview of my requirements found in my contract. A copy of my full contract will be sent upon request with plenty of time to read through it and ask for any clarifications. I will also spend time going over the entire contract with a potential buyer so that everyone is on the same page with what I require from them, and what they can expect of me. I also welcome discussion regarding my contract and its requirements. Some items are absolutes for me, but with open and honest discussion, some items may be amended to ensure all parties are happy with the arrangement.
- I have the right to cancel a sale, at any time and for any reason, and I shall refund any monies paid up to that point.
- I shall not be held responsible for any non-genetically derived diseases or disorders, or for any health problems, regardless of nature, that are due to improper care and maintenance of the dog.
- If the dog is suspected to have any health related problems, I must be notified immediately.
- The dog will be microchipped and registered with the Buyer's information as primary contact, and my contact information will remain on file as secondary contact for the life of the dog.
- Buyer may return the puppy to me for any reason, at any time. I will never refuse a return.
- If the puppy dies of an inherited or congenital disorder before the age of 5 years, I will refund the purchase price.
- Buyer is required to have the puppy examined by a licensed vet within 72 business hours of possession to validate the warranty, and proof of exam must be provided to me.
- The purchase price will be refunded if the buyer furnishes the seller with a veterinary certificate indicating that the puppy is unwell or unsound, and returns the puppy to the seller within 7 days of delivery. No veterinary or shipping costs will be reimbursed by seller.
- If buyer plans to do conventional spay/neuter, I highly recommend that the procedures are not performed prior to 24 months of age, or buyer finds a vet that will perform ovary sparing spay/vasectomy. Conventional spay/neuter prior to 24 months will void the health warranty. Buyer is responsible for maintaining this dog so as to prevent accidental litters.
- I will warranty the hips to be free of severe/crippling hip and/or elbow dysplasia until 30 months of age.
- I will pay buyer a one-time incentive fee of $300 upon completion AND public recording, regardless of results, of health testing: hips, eyes, thyroid, echo, 24hr Holter, provided that I have not paid for any said tests.
- I will pay buyer a one-time incentive fee of $200 for necropsy, should the puppy die suddenly, with no existing medical conditions present, prior to 7 years of age. Accidents, such as hit by car, are not covered under this warranty.
- All puppies are sold on a CKC non-breeding agreement. The non-breeding agreement may be changed to full registration, if the owner/dog fulfills certain requirements as outlined in my contract.
- In order to help maintain genetic diversity within the Dobermann breed, I retain breeding rights to the males that I place in homes, as outlined in my contract. This is because breeders cannot foresee how an 8, 10, or 12 week old puppy will develop, especially when it comes to health and longevity.
- On the rare occasion, I may place a high quality female in a home with specified breeding privileges. This helps me maintain a quality breeding program and also ensures that my puppies receive individual care and attention from their own loving families. This can be an ideal arrangement for someone wanting to participate in a quality breeding program with a mentor. For more information on this program, please contact me.